As part of our dinner I steamed the artichokes and we ate them with a little hummus. I could have made fancier dip, but we decided to stick to something we had and keep it simple so we can make it more interesting next time. I really enjoyed eating it and it's a fun food to pull apart! So, my goal to eat something completely new this week is a success! And watermelon made a great dessert. (It always tastes better when you get a good deal, too! I found seedless melons for $3.99!!)
I've also lost a total of 14 pounds since December. And I had an opportunity to wear my swimsuit today, FINALLY! It was much easier to get into than when I first bought it.
My body is changing. (I am breathing more easily and I can see my toes without leaning forward.) My tastebuds are changing. (Carrots are really sweet! And I can taste the salt in a bite of bread.) My outlook on life is improving. (I really believe now that I can lose 15 more pounds.) I call that success.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment